Wednesday 9 March 2011

Fatty Fatty Pancakes

Pancake day: I needed some way of keeping my trousers up. We got a lot of fillings and a lot pancakes and drank some whiskey through straws from plastic cups. We watched the Maid Marianepisode about pancake day (A Game Called John) and we watched 13 Going On 30cause it seemed like the perfect film for three single men to get fat to. What follows is the pancakes what I did make...


Pancake No.1

Stuffed With...
Cheese
Sweetcorn
Sundried Tomatos
Vodka & Ruby Grapefruit Chilli Sauce

Garnished With...
Cucumber Rings
A Fresh Basil Leaf
2 Pimento Stuffed Olives.

This was a fine way to start, the cheese went gooey and the oozy oil from the sundried tomatoes slopped about with the chilli sauce.

Pancake No.2

Stuffed With...
Jam
Doughnut
Lemon
Squirty Cream
Sprinkles

I felt like I needed to use a doughnut early on in case I got too full or sick. I tried to fold the pancake around the doughnut in the shape of a star. We all decided the next level to this would be to wrap the donut completely in pancake then dip into batter and deep fry... NEXT YEAR PANCAKE DAY SUICIDE.

Pancake No.3

Stuffed With...
Peanut Butter
Nutella
Whiskey

Garnished With...
Squirty Cream

Hazelnuts
Chocolate Shavings

My favourite pancake, all the flavours tied together very nicely. It felt modest and sophisticated. Kinda.

Pancake No.4

Stuffed With...
Banana
Sugar
Lemon

Garnished With...
Banana Tower With Sprinkles
Banana
Cream
Sprinkles

A good final pancake. As the healthiest pancake it worked to cleanse me slightly of the skanky fatty lethargy that had crept over me.

No comments:

Post a Comment